AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Are AdWords bid strategies compatible with bid management tools?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if the bid strategy solutions available in the AdWords shared library (e.g: target CPA or target ROAS) are compatible with bid management tools like Marin or Kenshoo. 

For example, if I am using an AdWords CPA target and a Marin ROI goal in the same campaign, will the Marin bid management system override the AdWords one or the other way around?

I wouldn't say the two solutions are compatible but was wondering if anyone had any related experience.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Are AdWords bid strategies compatible with bid management tools?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi leonardo,

I have a feeling they would be conflicting on some level. You'd be trusting the Marin or Kenshoo to manage your bids based on the goals you outlined inside of that platform and then you'd be telling Adwords to do something totally different. I would think they would constantly be conflicting.

For clarity, I have not experienced this myself. I guess I just don't understand why you'd want to do this?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I totally I agree with you. Also, you are quite right, by logic there is no particular reason for using both solutions at the same time.

Actually, there is also another question (forgot to mention it in my earlier post) I wanted to ask in case anyone has any feedback/experience regarding this subject. Let's suppose that I were to use a location bid adjustment through AdWords and at the same time a CPA goal through Marin. Would Marin override the increase in bidding for a specific location in order to achieve a set CPA goal?

I do understand that these questions are a bit specific, I'd just like to understand compatibility between AdWords bidding solutions and bid management tools.

Thanks,
Leo

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Honestly, I think you need to ask Marin. I'm in the process of reviewing many platforms at the moment, Marin being one of them. My understanding is that we would only use the platform for out bidding needs.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

None of the bid management tool I know optimizes COA/CPA bids, they optimize CPC bids.

Despite of Adwords being in CPA, Marin will try and change CPC of certain keywords basis its peformance, but it will not be effectively changed. Though when you remove CPA, your new CPC bids will be basis what marin has set recently.