AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Append ?{copy:querystring} to Sitelinks URL's?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I track conversions based on the value of ?querystring= in the destination URL of my ads.  Can I append ?{copy:querystring} to the destination URL's of my Sitelinks Extensions in order to retain that value for Sitelinks clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Append ?{copy:querystring} to Sitelinks URL's?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi googlerocks,

The {copy:querystring} tag will only copy keyword level destination URL parameters onto your sitelinks. When used just with an ad destination URL, you won't see your parameters copied over.

You can read more on this on our help centre page here: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447/?hl=en&

If the purpose of this sort of tracking is to determine which ad text has lead to visits/conversions to your site, I would recommend using the {creative} ValueTrack tag instead (more info available at the link above). This will provide you with a creative ID as a parameter, which corresponds to each ad's creative ID in the AdWords interface. You can expose the creative ID of ads by navigating to the Ads tab, selecting 'Column' (just above the graph) -> 'Customize Columns' -> 'Attributes' -> 'Id' -> Add -> Save.

I hope that this helps to clarify!

Best,

Rhys