AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Appearance of sitelink extensions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have noticed some recent changes in the way sitelink extensions are shown. For awhile, they seemed to be arranged in columns that lined up with the organic search results below them. Now the are all scrunched to the left with bullets.

Did I miss an announcement about this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Appearance of sitelink extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmmm...can you upload a screenshot?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I am seeing now that the positioning of the sitelinks in columns has more to do with the length of the text than anything else. However, here is an example of bulleted sitelink extensions:

screenshotQ.jpg

I don't remember them looking like this a few days ago.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I'm seeing a few changes with the appearance of the sitelinks as well. Today I noticed some that weren't blue so it just looked like a much larger ad. It changes depending on which browser I am using. Just like we test, Google is doing the same

sitelinks_not_blue.png

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I suppose you are right, purefuzz. Today, I'm seeing this version of the same ad I posted yesterday:

screenshotW.png

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a related question. I've always set up 6 sitelinks but as i test the ads I always see a top position ( no 1 out of 10 ) which shows only 4 sitelinks. How can i configure adwords to show all 6 sitelinks and push other advertisers more down the page ?