AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

App Install Display campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to use advanced upgrade option for tracking. I have set tracking template at account level but I am not seeing any data in GA. Please help in setting up tracking template at account and campaign level.

Second question: I have created Custom Parameter at campaign level (for campaign name). Can I use that Custom Parameter at ad level?

Help

Thanks

Rajesh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: App Install Display campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Rajesh,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Let me share what I know about the scenario here. 

If you are using app installs ads (deep links), you will need to upgrade it to be able to use Tracking Templates. 

How to upgrade? There are two options - either go for automated upgrade or wait till AdWords will Upgrade it for you. If you do not go for automated upgrade manually, your ads will be automatically upgraded beginning July 2015. 

Once the ads are upgraded, you will be able to use Tracking in the local tracking template.

Meanwhile, you can't use shared tracking templates as you are trying to use it at account or campaign level. 

To your second question, you can use custom parameters as well, but obviously in the local tracking template only.  And yes, at the ad level. 

To know you more on this, you can follow this URL -   https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6157310

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.