AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

App Install Ads - can't find my app

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to set up a display campaign for mobile app install ads. Problem is that Google can't seem to find my app on the itunes app store.

I contacted AdWords support and received the answer that you can't run app install ads unless you are *serving* ads on your app -- which makes no sense, and frankly I find that difficult to believe. Anyone else know if that is true?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff L
September 2015

Re: App Install Ads - can't find my app

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeff,

Hope I can help a little..

From experience, I have served many app downloads campaigns and did not serve ads inside them.

When locating my app, I simply cut and paste the app store result from the serp page in google. Did you try this approach?

The official guidance from the helpdesk is:

When you create a “Mobile app installs” campaign, you will be asked you to select the app that you want to promote right away, so google can help customise bidding, targeting and ad format options for your app. There are a few options for selecting your app:

Add an app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
Enter your own app ID or package name
Select an app that you’ve advertised before from the drop-down menu

There is more information on this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6032059?hl=en-GB

My only other comment to consider is that if is a new app, it may take 24-48 hours (or even longer) to show up.

James Edward

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff L
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeff,

Hope I can help a little..

From experience, I have served many app downloads campaigns and did not serve ads inside them.

When locating my app, I simply cut and paste the app store result from the serp page in google. Did you try this approach?

The official guidance from the helpdesk is:

When you create a “Mobile app installs” campaign, you will be asked you to select the app that you want to promote right away, so google can help customise bidding, targeting and ad format options for your app. There are a few options for selecting your app:

Add an app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
Enter your own app ID or package name
Select an app that you’ve advertised before from the drop-down menu

There is more information on this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6032059?hl=en-GB

My only other comment to consider is that if is a new app, it may take 24-48 hours (or even longer) to show up.

James Edward

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Looks like it just takes Google longer than the 24 hours that they claim. Thanks for the help!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Pleasure to help Jeff Smiley Happy let me know how you get on? Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First version of my app is removed from app store, and i want google ad campaign for second version. Do this can be a reason that my app is not available  on app store, that's why not showing in app list?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2014.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.