AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone know how to change back to legacy from enhanced campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just moved from legacy campaigns to enhanced. My cost per click went up immediately by 30% and my conversions have fallen. I am just about to head off on holiday for a month and don't want to leave it like this. Does anyone know how to move back to legacy?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DazedanConfused
September 2015

Re: Anyone know how to change back to legacy from enhanced campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Unofortunately you cannot switch back now. When you completed the process (from legacy to enhanced), in between you must have seen this:

Enhanced.jpg

Here the message clearly states that you can't go back.

What you can do now is that check your bidding strategy and make the respective changes. Also you can lower the bids separately for mobile devices if you think Avg. CPC for mobile devices increased after the impact. I would also add that advertisers would really have to adapt to the enhanced campaigns because by the middle of this year, no more legacy settings would remain.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj. I don't recall seeing that but in my foolish rush to think that all enhancements Google makes are generally better I dashed into it. Thanks for the the tip.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are most welcome and I would suggest you to  first go through the literature of how you should merge your existing campaigns to enhanced campaigns before making the transition.

http://www.google.com/adwords/enhancedcampaigns/resources/

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Good I've found this thread so I don't open a new one. I was looking for a while a way to change it to Legacy and I was stunned to see that there wasn't any. I didn't know is not possible to change back.

So what I did was, I created a new campaign and copied everything and I shall wait till the ads get approved, after that I will disable the old enhanced one and I guess it will be fine.

Unfortunately the cost for mobile and tablet is higher and there are not that many customers willing to buy there, especially when the payment methods are a bit weird. Most of the people prefer to use their laptop or desktop for transactions. The best case scenario is when they find you on mobile ad then signs up from desktop, if you have a way to track that is great.

Best,

Robin