AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Any advantages to separating different websites or subdomains by ad groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know the documentation states that each individual Ad Group must have ads leading to the same website or domain/subdomain?  AdWords further recommends that if you have different website URLs or Domains/Subdomains to set up a separate Campaign or Account for them.  But AdWords does not exclude the possibility of just separating different URLs and domains/subdomains by Ad Groups.  Are there any specific situaitons where one would prefer to use this option versus creating a separate Campaign or Account for them?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dogtown
September 2015

Re: Any advantages to separating different websites or subdomains by ad groups?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

• Several websites in one account can lead to situations where a poor performance in advertising one of them reflects via the account history on the other accounts as well.
  • Also, a suspension/ban generated by one of the websites automatically suspends ads for the other websites as well.
  • One cannot receive an invoice for one campaign, and therefore invoices will contain costs for all websites.

That's what currently comes to my mind, there may be others as well.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.