AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics remarketing lists in Adwords don't show any data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I added the remarketing code as it is said by changing just one line (one time) of your Google Analytics tracking code. I didn't add the Adwords remarketing code as it said the GA would be enough. I made different remarketing lists in GA, which I also connected to my Google Adwords account. 

The lists can be seen in Adwords/audiences (and it shows an Active GA tag), but only some of them are showing a number at the list size.

I know that it may take some days to update, but after 3 days i still have no data, to be honest i only have some of them which makes the whole thing more interesting.

For example i made 2 custom segmentation remarketing lists to see who clicked on my site from the email i sent:

- One of them is: Campaign name=teasing1st and the other is Medium name=email. They were used in the same URL! The first one shows no number, the second shows 8 visitors. In the GA reports I can see 12.

- I also wanted to check the openings of the email so i used a suggestion seen in Cutroni's blog post:

http://goo.gl/YIWnlW

Code example used in my email:

www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&tid=UA-XX-Y&cid=[UniqueID]&t=event&ec=Email&ea=Open&el=BackToSc...

I made a remarketing list to collect those who made the event action: open.

Same problem: I can see 82 opens in mailchimp, same user number in GA (Events stats), but nothing in my Adwords list!

Did i miss some kind of setup? Why are the others working and these not?

Thanks,

Johanna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Analytics remarketing lists in Adwords don't show any data

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Johanna,

With such low numbers it may be a simple case of adwords has not populated the list until it has more numbers.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Johanna,

With such low numbers it may be a simple case of adwords has not populated the list until it has more numbers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  thanks. Yeah I was thinking about the same before I got some really small numbers on couple of the lists. 

See prntscr below. That was when i started to be confused:

Screenshot_Analytics.png