AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics goals works but Adwords conversions not recorded

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have setup analytics with conversion goal, and it works fine and it does recorded conversion. analytics also recorded traffic from Adwords campaign correctly, however, when checking goal report, non of my Adwords traffic seem to convert, non of the conversion are recorded.

Then I added Adwords tracking code to the conversion page to verify, and as result, Adwords reported conversion. this means we do convert traffic from our Adwords campaign, but this is not reported in Analytics.

Anyway anyone can advise what went wrong and how should I fix this?

Added Note:

Analytics recorded cpc traffic but not cpc conversion.

Analytics>>goals>>overview>>source/medium, CPC shows no conversion.
Adwords shows conversion

Data sharing & auto-tagging active.

campaign ongoing since May 2013.

Re: Analytics goals works but Adwords conversions not recorded

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Mustaza M,
The Google Analytics conversions metrics Goal Conversions and Ecommerce Transactions are calculated differently than the Conversion Tracking metrics in AdWords. If you see data for these metrics in your Analytics account that’s different from your Conversion metrics in your AdWords account, it doesn't necessarily mean that your tracking implementation is wrong; it could simply be a result of the different tracking methods.
If you want to track your conversion from Google adwords. You must have put conversion code in thank you page. As you already uploaded conversion code.
you can also track your goal in Google analytics.
Goals>> Overview >> Source/ Medium
Check your conversion from cpc.

Hope it helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Suman.

The issue is, when I open goals>overview<source/medium, CPC shows no conversion, while other sources like facebook, google etc shows conversion.

its weird since from Adwords, we can see conversion are tracked (using adwords tracking code)

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please check if you have completed steps 9 and 10 from linking adwords to analytics, as described here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

You need to have auto-tagging and Data sharing enabled in order to see paid clicks in analytics . By linking , adwords will send data to analytics.

If instead of keywords you see "not set" in analytics , check if you have a redirect on the adwords landing page, as it can be one of the problems described here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2820717?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the note, Adrian.

I have all set, both data sharing & auto-tagging.

All keywords traffic from Adwords are tracked correctly, no "not-set". i have no trouble checking Adwords traffic report in Analytics, except for the conversion.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Analytics does not import conversions from adwords but adwords does import Goal completions from analytics and adds them to the "Conversions" report.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also if you use an analytics Goal to record the same thing as an Adwords conversion please read the following page with differences in reporting :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Analytics reports Goal completions with a delay of 48 hours as you can see from that page, so if you created Goals today you will see them in the analytics interface a lot later as completed for the visits from today.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
of course.

therefore i do not understand why analytics do not record cpc conversion, while it recorded traffic from cpc?

note: i only use Adwords Conversion tracking to verify that i do have cpc traffic that convert convert, since it never appear on Analytics (which worry us on our investment)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
btw, this is an ongoing campaign run since May 2013. i'm aware of the 48 hours delay in reporting.

still could not understand why ppc conversion does not reflected on Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Mustaza M,
Have you check your campaign, you are getting a conversion or not. If you are getting conversion or not. As you told you already auto tag both the account. Check you adwords campaign. Make sure that your goal conversion url and thank you page where you put up adwords conversion code are same.