AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Amount of times a banner is being placed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Smiley Happy

I have a question regarding the placement of Display ads on the Google Display Network.

When I create a banner for use on the Display Network, I always make the banner in the 9 different sizes recommended by Google Adwords.

The other day I was looking at a webpage when I saw 4 of my banners (in different sizes) on the frontpage alone. It seemed a bit aggressive, and If you’re running with CPM, it’s a bit expensive.

Is it possible to control the amount of times that the same banner is being showed on one page?

I hope it makes sense Smiley Happy

Regards

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Amount of times a banner is being placed?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Somujen,

First, I agree with running many size display ads as you explained.  That is a common and recommended practice. I'm not aware of any settings to set up a 'One ad per page' situation but you may be able to make use of 'Frequency Capping' to try and avoid 'over exposure' of your ads to users.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Somujen,

Few days back, a very helpful community manager Zee posted & asked developments we would want in Google Adwords.

what AdWords feature would you like to develop and how would this feature benefit others?

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am not too sure about your question. But you may test Frequency Capping  in order to limit the number of times your banner appear for the same user.

Scroll down to end and collapse "Setting a frequency cap on impressions for your Display Network ads" to read details.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Somujen,

First, I agree with running many size display ads as you explained.  That is a common and recommended practice. I'm not aware of any settings to set up a 'One ad per page' situation but you may be able to make use of 'Frequency Capping' to try and avoid 'over exposure' of your ads to users.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I'm not 100% on if you can limit the amount of impressions per page, however you can put a cap on the amount of impressions one user gets through the settings. This is under the Ad Delivery section of the campaign settings under Frequency Capping and then selecting per day etc. which is on a per person basis.

I hope this has helped! If not let me know and I'll look into it further for you :-)

Thanks,

Liam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again

Thank you for the responses

I'm familiar with the frequency setting, but that's won't do the trick Smiley Sad

I hope this is something Google will develop, because it's a sad way to spent your money if you're running with CPM.

Thank you all Smiley Happy

Regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Somujen,

Few days back, a very helpful community manager Zee posted & asked developments we would want in Google Adwords.

what AdWords feature would you like to develop and how would this feature benefit others?

Thanks,

Neha

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi somujen

Feel free to add your idea on the tread provided by Neha. I can't promise that your suggestion or idea will be developed, but in the past Google developed many AdWords features based on advertisers feedback. So please keep your ideas or proposals coming. 

Best,

Zee
G+

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hello all!

I just want to iterate a few basic ideas here:

- Frequency capping: "Frequency" is the average number of times a unique user sees your ad over a given time period. Use frequency capping to help control the maximum number of times that you'd like each person to see your ad on the Display Network.

- While frequency capping might help limited repeat views by one user, its use will not necessarily mean that you won't win multiple auctions on the same page. If you are concerned with winning too often given your use of CPM, consider using placement exclusions on sites like this. For more information, check this useful help center article:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454012

Hope this helps,

Geoff

The Google AdWords Team