AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Amazon and Ebay Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I know that by selecting the Search Network 'All features' your text ads can then appear on other networks.

Therefore I am wondering if you can target specific sites for your text ad to display? Like the option you get with a display campaigns where you can see placements and preform a bid modifier etc.

For example I see a competitor who has an ad which is displayed in the Amazon and Ebay on the same selling pages that our products appear on. They are basically targeting our Brand keywords for their ads and then appearing and undermining our product. Example ad below;

test 2.jpg

Therefore I would like to see if I am able to do it back / and or target an ad which is for our own keywords to add some additional 'protection' / ad more retail space for my message. 

Thanks

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris w
September 2015

Re: Amazon and Ebay Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris, what you're looking for there is Ads on the Display network, not Search.

On the Display network you can specify domains (such as amazon.com) and may even be able to target particular sections of the site or areas of the page (depending on how the site owner has set up their advertising spaces).  You'd use Keywords and/or other targeting methods to increase the accuracy of the targeting.

Read more here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470108

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris w
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris, what you're looking for there is Ads on the Display network, not Search.

On the Display network you can specify domains (such as amazon.com) and may even be able to target particular sections of the site or areas of the page (depending on how the site owner has set up their advertising spaces).  You'd use Keywords and/or other targeting methods to increase the accuracy of the targeting.

Read more here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470108

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ahh, of course...

Thanks I will look into setting one up.

Chris

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chris,

In addition to Jon's great answer, you should know that Ebay and Amazon are ones of Google search partners. This means when someone searchs for something on ebay/amazon related to your keywords, your ads will show up there next to their organic search results (such Google search).

By default your text ads show up on those sites and other Google search partners when your campaign targeting the search network. You can't target them specifically on search network , but you can do this on the display network as Jon has said.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am trying to place the ads on amazon.com too. However I am not able to find amazon.com when using display network. What can I do now?