AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Am I allowed to create separate mobile and desktop device accounts driving traffic to the same site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would to move my campaigns into separate display and mobile ACCOUNTS. Mobile device traffic and desktop traffic via identical keywords would therefore be in separate accounts. Traffic all going to the same domain. Am I allowed to do this? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author munichlondon
September 2015

Re: Am I allowed to create separate mobile and desktop device accounts driving traffic to the same s

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI munichlondon

Welcome to the AdWords community forum :-)

You should not set up two accounts. PLease be aware of the double serving policy that I have linked below-

Double serving policy

You should keep it all in one account with different campaigns.

I hope this helps you, good luck :-)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Am I allowed to create separate mobile and desktop device accounts driving traffic to the same s

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Google doesn't allow this practice - and will ban accounts that dupe up - the reason? Y/ou could run 10 accounts all driving traffic to your site(s) and through aggressive bidding capture all the AdWords spots for your chosen keyword (this is an extreme example, but you get the idea)

I am sure that you, like many people, consider doing things which are against Google policy - for completely innocent reasons - the problem is, many others are trying to find ways to get an unfair advantage.

They should remember:

1.- Google are four steps ahead of them

2.- The potential returns are diminishing constantly as Google tightens the net (Thank you ,Google)

3.- If Google says you can't play - you can't play. There is no referee....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author munichlondon
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI munichlondon

Welcome to the AdWords community forum :-)

You should not set up two accounts. PLease be aware of the double serving policy that I have linked below-

Double serving policy

You should keep it all in one account with different campaigns.

I hope this helps you, good luck :-)

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi MunichLondon,

Positive. However, you don't need separate accounts to this end, separate campaigns within the same account will do the job properly. Replace the word account in your text with campaign and then it will be great. You will be allowed and welcome to do that, no problem at all.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi munichlondon,

Welcome to the community,

You are not meant to have multiple accounts for the same business. What is the reason behind needing multiple accounts instead of campaigns?

I wouldn't do this without speaking to Google and getting permission as you could run into problems further down the line.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I suspect (hope) a slight confusion - I'm sure you meant campaigns under the one account (for the reasons outlined above)

You can - and in fact, should - have different campaigns for mobile and desktop for a whole load of reasons - not least of which is that you'll need to bid differently on the two.

There are fewer ads on the mobile only network - Google seems to like you if you take the trouble to set up mobile only campaigns - so the CPC tends to be lower - but you also need to be very aware that there are fewer visible ads on a moblie device at the top of the window - only 2 - others are at the bottom of the page, where visitors tend not to see them.

I have found a massive drop off in CTR between the top 2 and the rest of the positions, so you need to bid to ensure top 2 positions if you can.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Good point. I also think the OP simply mixed up campaigns and accounts and, in fact, wanted to mean campaigns ...Robot LOL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, I was interested in running the campaigns in different account (hence the uppercase) Smiley Happy But I see that this practice is discouraged by Google. I personally would find it tidier to treat mobile and desktop campaigns as two different business units, but I guess I can live with putting it all in one account!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Google doesn't allow this practice - and will ban accounts that dupe up - the reason? Y/ou could run 10 accounts all driving traffic to your site(s) and through aggressive bidding capture all the AdWords spots for your chosen keyword (this is an extreme example, but you get the idea)

I am sure that you, like many people, consider doing things which are against Google policy - for completely innocent reasons - the problem is, many others are trying to find ways to get an unfair advantage.

They should remember:

1.- Google are four steps ahead of them

2.- The potential returns are diminishing constantly as Google tightens the net (Thank you ,Google)

3.- If Google says you can't play - you can't play. There is no referee....

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

>> this practice is discouraged by Google <<

Yep, very much so.

>> I can live with putting it all in one account! <<

That's very easy. Separate accounts could perhaps separate finance a bit more effectively, but after all it's one company, right?