AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

All keywords flagged with low ad rank after enhanced upgrade

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a small ($300/mo) local client who i upgraded to enhanced on 4/26.  I realized all ads stopped showing shortly thereafter, and my keywords (even 10/10 QS ones) are now flagged as ads not showing/low ad rank.  I tried raising bids to 3x my average CPC and nothing -- I'm getting 3-4 impressions per day since 4/26.  Has anyone seen this before?

- the only thing i did after upgrading to enhanced was re-tooling sitelink/call extensions

- ad scheduling is set to run ALL HOURS

Thanks in advance for any insight!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: All keywords flagged with low ad rank after enhanced upgrade

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you switched from legacy settings to enhanced keeping the campaigns same, then this change is not expected where all the keywords going down in terms of Quality Score or the Ad Rank.

However, I am not sure what exactly is your current campaign settings in terms of devices because this is the major change which will happen when you move to ECs as you don't have the easy option to target the mobile devices in separate campaign.

If you were originally targeting only desktops and now targeting all the devices because of ECs without mobile friendly destination URLs, this could be one the reason for Quality Score going down. 

Did you notice drop in CTR of your keywords while moving from legacy to ECs?

If there is a drop, it could lower your Ad Rank as well as Quality Score.

I would suggest you to review the stats for some longer time because it's been only 3 days since you moved. Look at the Impression Share and CTR and then try to get some good statistical data to make informed decisions.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you switched from legacy settings to enhanced keeping the campaigns same, then this change is not expected where all the keywords going down in terms of Quality Score or the Ad Rank.

However, I am not sure what exactly is your current campaign settings in terms of devices because this is the major change which will happen when you move to ECs as you don't have the easy option to target the mobile devices in separate campaign.

If you were originally targeting only desktops and now targeting all the devices because of ECs without mobile friendly destination URLs, this could be one the reason for Quality Score going down. 

Did you notice drop in CTR of your keywords while moving from legacy to ECs?

If there is a drop, it could lower your Ad Rank as well as Quality Score.

I would suggest you to review the stats for some longer time because it's been only 3 days since you moved. Look at the Impression Share and CTR and then try to get some good statistical data to make informed decisions.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same situation too. When I checked my client's adwords today all the ads are not showing due to low Ad Rank but all ads have high Quality Score and Bids. All keywords are ranking on the first page until this happened.

I started to modify the ad copy thinking that this is the reason but granting all keywords are flagged as low ad rank this isn't normal. There must me something wrong.

+pankaj1782 thank you for the idea that Enchanced campaign considers mobile friendly destination URLs. I will inform my client about this. However, could there be other reason than this? I'm starting to worried now.

Thanks.