AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Alert to all - see my 'Ripped Off' post in Billing section

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It will be well worth your while. xxxxxx@btinternet.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ripped off

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just reviewed the click details and I have lost hundreds of pounds on clicks that were completely irrelevant. They don't refer to this in the advertising for google. Be warned!! I hope Google view the errors versus our business and provide credit. If they don't, I'm going to publicise it well and truly. Feel ripped off to be honest. Suggest you recommend reviewing click details weekly and complain to Google - otherwise you'll suffer the same. Good luck xxxxxxx@btinternet.com

Re: You better check your clicks!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've got same issues. I posted my own post 'ripped off' earlier this evening. Surely Google simply need to verify the invalid clicks and then provide a credit to the account. Simple. That said, businesses don't seem to make the logical decisions nowadays. I hope Google is different, however your post worries me. I'm happy to push this to the press and a solicitor if logic doesn't prevail. I'll also pause all ads and give some of the other search engines (bing?) a try. I've been using adwords for 18 months and only now do I find out. All the best Steve

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stevej1851,

I can't comment on your post as I don't have an access to your account. I'm going to ask one of our senior support members to contact you in relation to your issue with invalid clicks. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zee, My adwords credit shortly runs out, so all my ads will pause until the matter is resolved. Therefore benefit to Google to get the issue resolved. Simple set of tasks: 1. review our website 2. establish the services offered 3. Review the irrelevant clicks and note cost 4. Credit account I've spent 4 thousand pounds with Google over 18 months.... Not massive money to some, quite a lot to others. All I know is that I've got 2 more websites in development and Google are at risk of any future ad money from me. Fix it quickly and there's an immediate upside. Please avoid wasting my time with delay tactics....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update as of Fri 7th Sept: I contacted Google (nobody has followed up my complaint Zee, this is me doing all the running).... I politely explained everything. Then received an email stating there would be no refund (which I was never asking for, credit on the account is completely different... Showing how google cannot even listen properly) At no time did the representative actually investigate the issues I raised. Stone walled. Then, to add to the insult, I'm directed to a hyperlink that allegedly escalates matters.... But guess what, the topics to select from aren't relevant. I think it's just a game to exhaust you so you give up. I've emailed that I will raise the matter with the national press at the end of next week. With this in mind, please contact me if you are having similar issues. Also to confirm I have fully analysed matters. c20% of my adds have been irrelevant clicks. How many advertisers are like me?? I hope you're not.... but you should check! I'm now about to assess / use other search engines, to see what they have to offer. Based upon my experience and Google's appalling customer service, I recommend you do the same.

Ripped off by Google - are you the same?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all, Please review my recent comms for the background. c20% of my google charged clicks have been completely irrelevant to my business and google has turned a blind eye. It's a Pareto curve (long tail) of small charges (1 or 2 clicks only) that culminate in such a large chunk of wasted investment. I've raised it with Google and they're just not interested or willing to investigate further. Check your own ads and see what I mean. If you don't know how to, ask me. Have you been ripped off too? Sharp practise that it is. Is there an ombudsman for this kind of thing? If so, please post some details and let me know if Google helped you?

Re: poor/no response from adwords support to request for assistance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your bad experience is exactly what I'm getting. Google representatives are polite, simply ineffective and unable to actually resolve the matter if it is financial. You just get suffocated with niceness and/or delay tactics: Thank you for your patience I cannot comment because I don't have the details I will get someone to contact you. Over and above that, you can never get a manager's name and title, and there's no clear escalation process. Read my other posts by way of warning (make sure you reviews your clicks... I think you'll be shocked at how many you pay for that are irrelevant....) All the best Steve

Adwords rip off - are you aware?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
See my other posts folks. I don't think many advertisers realise how much of their monies are being spent on irrelevant clicks. Let me know your story if you find that you are also being stung? All the best Steve

Adwords rip off - are you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
See my other posts. I hope not, however you might be nastily surprised that you are spending heaps on irrelevant clicks. Please let me know if you are? All the best Steve