AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Affinity and in-markets audiences. AND or EITHER/OR? On GDN.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I'm finding very confusing answers regarding this, I will try to formulate it as clearly as I can.

Combining affinity audiences, custom affinity audiences and in-market audiences on GDN.
Is it possible to combine any combination of these.

For example:

In-market for X and some sport affinity (or some custom affinity ). If I select those two things in my targeting, what what happen?

It will target: in-market for X AND sport affinity.
So both in-market for X AND sport affinity have to be associated with a cookie for ad to show.
Or
It will target: in-market for X and separately the sport affinity. As two different jobs..so to speak..

If that is the case is there any way I can combine two of these.. On GDN?
Are there some advanced "tricks"/settings..

Edit: not in remarketing, just plain targeting, on GDN.

Marko
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marko 1
September 2015

Re: Affinity and in-markets audiences. AND or EITHER/OR?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Marko 1;

As @Tomáš Kraus mentioned, with the changes implemented to audience targeting on GDN , when you  target audiences - the OR condition applies. (I think there is one exception, though haven't checked lately: when targeting  Reamrakerting and audience   you could  "target and bid".)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Marko 1,

it depends whether your setting within your Targeting will be: Bid only or Target and Bid.
Example:
in-market audience with target and bid
sport affinity with target and bid

You Ad will be shown only two searchers who belong to both of these lists.

in-market audience with bid only
sport affinity with target and bid/bid only

You Ad will be shown to searchers who belong to in-market audience list AND/OR to sport affinity list

Alex

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alex,
I just checked, to make sure, I can't separately select target and bid or bid only..
It always applies both to in-market and affinities..
And when I click add targeting, I don't have interest and remarketing option anymore..
It's a display network campaign..if that is relevant to this question, I don't know I don't have experience with search complaints..

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hey Marko 1,

I just realized it all belongs to Audiences. I guess that means you can only set Bid Only and Target and Bid on the whole package. So there won't be no Affinity audiences AND in-Market audiences, but Affinity audiences OR In-Market audiences(or any other audience).

Alex
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marko 1
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Marko 1;

As @Tomáš Kraus mentioned, with the changes implemented to audience targeting on GDN , when you  target audiences - the OR condition applies. (I think there is one exception, though haven't checked lately: when targeting  Reamrakerting and audience   you could  "target and bid".)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
If you need to split them up for bidding purposes, for example, you'll need to duplicate the campaign and use one audience for each.