AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Affinity Group Definitions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, where can I find the definitions for the affinity groups? How does Google define "movie lovers" or "technophiles?" I've searched the Internet, but have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Re: Affinity Group Definitions

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there
this is a thorough resource recent on this topic.
http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2391214/taking-a-closer-look-at-google-in-market-vs-affinity...
here is a snippet directly relating to your Q
"
This new targeting option takes more of a long-view in terms of audience creation. Rather than looking at one particular purchase intent, like In-Market, Affinity targeting analyzes someone’s overall interests, passions, and lifestyle to get a better sense of their overall identity.

The definition for "affinity" is as follows: (1) a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc., and (2) inherent likeness or agreement; close resemblance or connection. A specific user may not have searched for your product/service but they may have a natural liking or attraction to an Affinity category as exhibited by their online patterns, or they may have a close resemblance or connection to someone who would be interested in a product.
"
Less detailed info from Google here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497941?hl=en

If you liked my answer best please 'mark as best answer' if I was helpful but not the best please 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply.
You can find me here: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.