AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have a new and improved website should I use the existing adword campaigns or should I set up new ads, or is it just a case of ensuring the URL address is pointing to the right page and leave the existing campaigns running.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JacquiD,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Until and unless you are adhering to the URL policies, there shouldn't be any problems. See the Display URL Policy and Destination URL policy.

If your old campaigns are pointing towards website A and the website is fully functional, let them as it is.

If you want to create new campaigns pointing to the new website B, you are most welcome to do that.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi JacquiD, 

If you don't want to advertise your previous website, you could just change your URL to that of your new site and that would work fine. (Bear in mind though that if you edit your ads you will lose your previous performance history of these ads.)

However, if you want to advertise both sites simultaneously Pankaj1782's suggestions will work well. 

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JacquiD,

Until and unless you are adhering to the URL policies, there shouldn't be any problems. See the Display URL Policy and Destination URL policy.

If your old campaigns are pointing towards website A and the website is fully functional, let them as it is.

If you want to create new campaigns pointing to the new website B, you are most welcome to do that.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi JacquiD, 

If you don't want to advertise your previous website, you could just change your URL to that of your new site and that would work fine. (Bear in mind though that if you edit your ads you will lose your previous performance history of these ads.)

However, if you want to advertise both sites simultaneously Pankaj1782's suggestions will work well. 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the responces I managed to find out that I dont want to amend the existing ads, as as you say it affects your history and CTR.

So thanks for getting back

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi am new in here i need more xplanation here on how to start using adwords. this what i did first i register with google account. then click on adwords.google.com which brought me here i did my username registration and what next am a novis here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello derek,

Being a newbie, I would advice you to go through the Adwords Beginner's guide here. Get your basics clear and have the basic knowledge of what Adwords is all about.

I would also suggest you the Adwords Wiki Section available on our Community where the Adwords experts from all over the world have shared some of the great experiences they have in the form of descriptive articles.

Enjoy reading and let us know if that helps!

Pankaj