AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords video problem: Campaign expired before is has begun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm having a major problem with adwords for video. Last night I created my first adwords campaign. It is for a YouTube video. I set it to run between the 6th and 11th of January 2013 so thats basically 4 full days. It has still not been approved, which is fine because I understand it takes a day or two. The problem is I just recieved an email saying that: 

"Your AdWords campaigns are about to expire. We want to remind you that some of your AdWords ads will soon stop running because one or more of your campaigns is nearing the end dates you established."

I'm very confused because today is only the 7th of January. Can someone please advise what the issue is here and how I can get my campaign to begin running?

Thank you for your help.

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords video problem: Campaign expired before is has begun

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Dave,

My apologies: I wrote incorrect that your campaign end date is Jan. 11th and not Jan. 13th. 

Yes, I would certainly recommend you to first get your ads approved and then set the campaign end date depending upon the date when it gets approved and start accumulating impressions and views. I would also suggest you to run this campaign may be for some longer time to actually see what the impact is.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

It looks like you created some campaign with an end date of Jan. 13. Let me know if that's not the case.

To the best of my knowledge, it is just a friendly reminder email sent across to you about this particular campaign which ends on Jan. 13. 

About the approval process, if you created the video campaign yesterday, then you need to wait for sometime to see your campaign getting approved. Reason being that it is supposed to run on Google Display Network where Google takes extra care because it's partners are also included to show your video ads. 

You can read more on ad approval process in this article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj1782 for your quick response. 

Very kind of you. That's given me a great insight into adwords. 

The end date is the 11th, which is this thursday. Given the time that it takes to have a campaign approved, would you recommend that I extend the end date to something like the 15th to give it a little bit more time? 

I would like to get 4 full days out of the campaign and would be concerned that by the time my campaign is approved it will be almost over. 

Thanks again

Dave

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Dave,

My apologies: I wrote incorrect that your campaign end date is Jan. 11th and not Jan. 13th. 

Yes, I would certainly recommend you to first get your ads approved and then set the campaign end date depending upon the date when it gets approved and start accumulating impressions and views. I would also suggest you to run this campaign may be for some longer time to actually see what the impact is.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj