AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords script for watching budget in account

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

i am wondering if there is a script (or any tool) for watching budget in accounts under my MCC. Something which alert me (eg send me an email) when account budget hit I dont know 100€. And it would be even better if i could set different "alert amounts" in different accounts.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Lukas

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords script for watching budget in account

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Lukas B,

You can set this manually in every account with the help of automated rules.

1. Go to your Adwords account and click on Automate button.
  2. Click on Send email when
  3. Set Cost > xxxx

And time and that should do the trick.

More info: Common ways to use automated rules

Otherwise you can definitely use scripts to set this, but that requires a little more knowledge than automated rules: https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/

Because you would set everything like before, just you would have to code it and probably script might work for every campaign in MCC account. With automated rules you have to set one account by one.

Alex

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I can Understand your problem, Adwords have solution for that.

Adwords provide facilities to pause, enable campaign automatically based on rule which you setup already.

You can also get mail information instantly when your rule condition trigger. You can do this from Adwords Account directly. 

Here are some simple steps for that:

1. Go to all campaign  

2. Select the campaign for rule

3. Click the Automate Tab right of the Red Campaign Tab

4. Set your rule basis on your requirement

In "Controlling budgets and cost" section you will get rule to send mail when a certain amount has reached.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas, a script is really a better solution at the MCC level since Automated Rules for MCCs can't create Account warnings for budget.  You can create a rule that'll send an email when individual Campaigns within an Account exceed a certain budget, but there's no way to use rules to test a total Account spend.

Fortunately, this is relatively easy to do with Scripts.  You'd simply iterate through all the Accounts and sum the spend of each Campaign within each Account.

All of the methods you'll need are within this script example from Google themselves:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/flexible-budgets#mccapp

though this script is substantially more complex than you would need for a simple warning.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

first of all thank you for your replies but now I see that I wasnt clear enough with my question/problem Smiley Happy

I dont want to watch when campaigns spend specific amount of money but I want to watch when remaining account budget hit a certain amount so script/rule will alert me that I have only eg. 100€ in my account and I need to deposit money to the account (or to contact a client that he should deposit money to the account)

I hope that now it is clear Smiley Happy

but anyway thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas, I may be mistaken but I don't think there's currently any method within Scripts to access the Billing properties so there's no way to do this directly.

However, you could do it using an external spreadsheet by having a "starting figure" and then deducting costs per day and checking the sums.  So, for example, you could have a row for each Account within a spreadsheet and a column that is the "current balance" in Billing.  You'd then have a script that deducted the spend from this figure each day and which at the same time sent an alert when the figure dropped below €100.

You'd need to be careful about refunds (invalid clicks, etc.) so I'd be inclined to look at costs from two days ago (which might mean you'd need to set the warning limit higher) and would still have to manually update the sheet each time a deposit was made, but it might be helpful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Lukas,

Currently there is no direct way to handle this problem. Recently I asked a question regarding how to get notify before my budgets get exhausted in several accounts so I can make sure I will increase the budgets on Billing level. Since I use consolidate billing its hard to manage all the account by manually checking budgets.

So far I didn't come up with any permanent solution for this.