AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords says one click, but analytics says 0 visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So on my Google adwords account it says someone clicked on my ad so I was charged $4.08 . But when I check Google analytics it still says 0 visitors to that destination url, my landing Page. Why is this?
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords says one click, but analytics says 0 visitors?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello northwestclean;

There is a good and comprehensive explanation on that in the help center. Please read here;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

As the help documentation cited by Moshe, clicks in the adwords interface are not equal to visits in analytics, for multiple potential reasons. I do wonder, what kind of click was this? If for example, you have call extensions enabled, and this was a click to call click from a mobile device, that click would not register as a visit in analytics, because the click never resulted in a visit to the site. This may not be the reason at all, but is just another example of why these two numbers don't always match up 100%.

If you have auto tagging enabled for your analytics profile, you should be able to find adwords data as a seperate tab in the analytics interface. Take a look at the clicks tab, and see if you can find out why that click was not reported as an analytics visit. If s a user immediately leaves the site, before the site loads for example, that's still a click on the ad, but if the page load time is too slow, the user could bail before acttually getting to the site.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello northwestclean;

There is a good and comprehensive explanation on that in the help center. Please read here;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

As the help documentation cited by Moshe, clicks in the adwords interface are not equal to visits in analytics, for multiple potential reasons. I do wonder, what kind of click was this? If for example, you have call extensions enabled, and this was a click to call click from a mobile device, that click would not register as a visit in analytics, because the click never resulted in a visit to the site. This may not be the reason at all, but is just another example of why these two numbers don't always match up 100%.

If you have auto tagging enabled for your analytics profile, you should be able to find adwords data as a seperate tab in the analytics interface. Take a look at the clicks tab, and see if you can find out why that click was not reported as an analytics visit. If s a user immediately leaves the site, before the site loads for example, that's still a click on the ad, but if the page load time is too slow, the user could bail before acttually getting to the site.

Tom