AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords remarketing tag not found by adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to implement AdWords Dynamic Remarketing tracking code, but AdWords is reporting that the code is not found on any page. Howevever, it is indeed implemented (view the source of any page at www.whatthepatientwants.com), configured correctly as far as I can tell, and matching my product IDs etc from Google Merchant Centre.

Using the Google Tag Assistant for Chrome, it's reporting 1 "Critical Issue", but it doesn't state what that error is. I am also unable to "Valide Products" either manually (entering my GMC ID in Tag Assistant and clicking "Validate") or with Auto Validation.

Prior to the error stating that the code was not found, the code was being found but the product IDs didn't match those from the GMC account. I corrected that by adding the locale suffix (for example, a product ID of "50" became "50_au"). That was the only change I made, but now the code isn't found at all, which makes no sense.

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Can anyone suggest what I can try next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords remarketing tag not found by adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello. Your product IDs do indeed have to be alphanumeric (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?rd=1) so an ID of 50 would not be ok.

Possibly this is why Tag Assistant could not validate your products initially. Without trying to validate them, as I don't know your GMC ID (and please do not post it here), the code looks ok to Tag Assistant.

So all I can suggest is to:
- check your GMC account and see that all your products are approved and that no errors are reported
- check to see that your products also appear in the GMC section in your AdWords account (they do not appear immediately and are not refreshed immediately, as far as I have noticed)
- give AdWords a bit of time to re-check the tags on your website. That check is not performed real-time and I have often added/fixed the remarketing code on the websites and still had the warning only to see it go away a day or two afterwards without changing anything more to the website.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Adwords remarketing tag not found by adwords

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

A using "50" as a product id is fine, but your problem is that you only have 3 products on your website.

Dynamic remarketing is really intended for retail sites with many products. In fact, dynamic ads typically display 6 products so they wouldn't be able to serve with your feed.

In your case, I would simply use static remarketing with static creatives. You can build the lists yourself with rules like "ecomm_proid = 50"