AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords over winter

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello I was just wondering if people change the times their ads are scheduled to run in the winter months. Through my research I’ve found out that sunny days lead to less conversations on my company’s website. So I was wondering how shorter days and longer nights might effect Adwords.

Cheers

Dave

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords over winter

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

Honestly, it depends from business to business and from account to account in terms of Adwords. That's my point of view.

You mentioned that you got low conversions on sunny bright days, but do you think that this is the only reason for low conversions on your website? Do you witness the same from other channels (like organic, referrals etc...) also during sunny days?

In my case, I would stick to the basics and would extract all the data like hour of the day report, day of the week report etc...and then if required I would split the daily budget depedning upon what time is best for ROI and what is least.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Pankaj I do already split the budget by hour. 

And yes I have found that overall everything slows down on sunny days though our entire traffic source. The reason being we get such bad weather in the U.K. that when the sun comes out its headline news and people are probably more interested in other products like bbq and outdoor things then our bathroom products.

Cheers 

Dave

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

That's really good if you are already doing that Smiley Happy

You might consider splitting the budget in terms of your most valuable months in the sense that you get more sales and months when sales are pretty low. You might be interested in bid multiplier in order to push more sales as well.

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

There are some really great thoughts there! Thanks for contributing guys!

If you're interested in seasonality, this link to the AdWords blog gives a little more information on Google Trends that might be able to help you look at seasonal demand for your bathroom services over a slightly longer period. 

Hope this is useful!

A.