AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords new feature "automatic match"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Community team,

Can you explain me information about adwords new feature "automatic match" in brief? 

- Prasad M

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords new feature "automatic match"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Prasad,

I am not sure the automatic match you are asking, it is in reference to whether keyword matching or are you asking about automatic placements matching using Google Display Network. Can you elaborate more on this.

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prasad,

Automatic matching is a beta product. It is rather interesting but I honestly do not see many agencies using it. It is briefly explained as the following:

"Automatic matching is an optional feature that helps your ads reach targeted traffic missed by your keyword lists. It works by analyzing the ads, keywords, and landing pages in your ad group. It then shows your ads on search queries relevant to this information."

Only your 'remaining budget' will be spent on this, which may make it worth testing out but I personally prefer to ring fence under spends for future large scale testing. Others might prefer to use this feature to try and identify missed opportunities in their account and extend their keyword lists.

Now I say that agencies are unlikely to use this, that may be premature but it just rubs me the wrong way giving such control over. I imagine this will see much testing from agencies and tweaking from google so it may very well see use. It will be interesting to follow.

If you were selected for the beta you can opt in/out so it is not a case of you 'have' to partake if that is what you are worried about.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Clynton,

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread.
One thing I wanted to clarify in your answer is; there seems to be automatic matching happening on the GDN. Is it normal?

Further to your answer, is there a way to figure out what exactly comprised of the automatic matching? I ask because we see a good number of conversions coming from automatic matching. Sadly, we cannot figure out a way to go deeper and see what forms these automatic matches.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
How to turn on/off the automatic matching option. I am receiving a big amount of traffic but with bounce rate more than 95%. May be i am missing a thing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
I have the same question with Kristian V. In my remarketing compain i have bounse rate coming from automatic maching more than 93% and i can't turn it off.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.