AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords in Products feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it appropriate to simply add Adwords to our Products XML feed to manage Product Ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords in Products feed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@margaretduddy wrote:

Is it appropriate to simply add Adwords to our Products XML feed to manage Product Ads?

Hello,

What I understand from your post is that you want to create and manage Product ads. First and foremost condition to fulfill would be to have your Google Merchant Center acount configured and linked with your Adwords account through which you want to show your Product Ads.

Now there are 2 scenarios in these typical ads:-

1) Product Extensions where your normal text ad is appended with the relevant product info which the user has enquired over Google search.

2) Product Listing ad which is different from standard ad and there is additional info present with that kind of ad.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@margaretduddy wrote:

Hello,

What I understand from your post is that you want to create and manage Product ads. First and foremost condition to fulfill would be to have your Google Merchant Center acount configured and linked with your Adwords account through which you want to show your Product Ads.

Now there are 2 scenarios in these typical ads:-

1) Product Extensions where your normal text ad is appended with the relevant product info which the user has enquired over Google search.

2) Product Listing ad which is different from standard ad and there is additional info present with that kind of ad.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.  We are in the process of setting up Product Ads on our Google account.  We have an XML data feed that we use to manage our products.  My question is that once we have setup Product Ads, can I simply add the "adwords_...." attributes to our existing products feed to support the Product Ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi margaretduddy,

If you are already running Google Merchant Center,  In the product feed you can create Adwords groups. Also you can use Adwords_Redirect (Using Manual Tagging) column to differenciate the Google Merchant Clicks & Product Ads Clicks(Adwords). 

Thanks

Raghu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That all makes sense.  I have addtional questions about the changes in Google Shopping vs. Product Search.  Is there documentation or a writeup somewhere that discusses data in the Products feed that we have used with Product Search that is no longer valid for Google Shopping? Things like customer attributes or ratings?