AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords editor update multiple audiences targeting setting

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to update multiple audiences I found that, even though I specify the type of the remarketing list to be "bid only", the audiences I create in this way are mostly (around 97% of 500 changes) set to be "Target and bid".

The process I'm following is:

1 Assign/update multiple audiences

Assign/update multiple audiences

2. Uplad the changes in the text box separated by tabs.

textboxmultipleaudiences

3. The preview of the changes seem to be ok.

Changes Preview

4. Process the changes and review. The targeting setting is "Target and bid" instead of "Bid only"

Target and bid

Does anyone know any way around this?

Thanks a lot in advance Smiley Wink

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords editor update multiple audiences targeting setting

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Targeting setting is a property of an ad group, not each individual criterion. You set in on Ad Groups tab, under Flexible Reach (you could also manipulate it in bulk via Add/Update Multiple Ad Groups). The setting applies to all criteria belonging to a given ad group.

On Audiences tab, the column is read-only, only for reference. It shows the setting from the parent ad group.

Re: Adwords editor update multiple audiences targeting setting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your answer. I was finally able to do it.

Just as an explanation on how I did it (if somebody find it useful) I had to upload first all the remarketing lists and then upgrading the Flexible reach for all the adGroups I wanted to change (as AdWordsEng-Igor pointed) .
To do so I used a table for the remarketing lists with the headers
Campaign;Adgroup;Audience;
In the Audiences tab.

Then, to change all the adgroups' remarketing lists flexible bid settings I just used a table with headers:
Campaign; Adgroup;Flexible reach

For the flexible reach value you cannot use "Bid only" but you need to select the setting of flexible reach (placements, gender, topics, age or interests and remarketing) to set that to "Bid only"

For example to set the remarketing list "myRemarketingList" in an adgroup "myAdGroup" inside the campaign "myCampaign" I would use the table

Campaign;Adgroup;Audience;
myCampaign;myAdgroup;myRemarketingList

In the audiences tab.

Then, in Add/update multiple adgroups i would use:
Campaign; Adgroup;Flexible reach
myCampaign;myAdgroup;Interests and remarketing

Hope it helps. And thanks again.