AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords deletion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering as to where I would find information, or if someone could tell me information on how to stop your Adword. I want to know if you are able to stop the ad after a certain time, or after hitting a certain budget, because I don't seem to see it anywhere. Hopefully someone is able to help me with this issue!

Sincerely, Vinson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Adwords deletion

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Vinson,

You have a few options for stopping your campaigns.

1 - Use ad scheduling (under advanced settings) which will let you set hours and days to run the campaigns.

2 - Set a campaign end date (under advanced settings) to end your campaign on a set date

3 - Set your daily budget at a level where you are comfortable with the spend. If you use this with a campaign end date you can set your allocated total ad spend budget.

You can then use some advanced features to help. Automated rules could be used to check if a campaign has spent a certain amount adn pause the campaign if it reaches your limit.

Tick the checkbox beside the campaign you want to pause and select "automate". You'll want to set it to "pause campaigns when" and set your requirements to "cost > $your total budget" with a frequency of daily" "1am" using data from "all time"

I hope this helps you

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Adwords deletion

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Vinson,

You have a few options for stopping your campaigns.

1 - Use ad scheduling (under advanced settings) which will let you set hours and days to run the campaigns.

2 - Set a campaign end date (under advanced settings) to end your campaign on a set date

3 - Set your daily budget at a level where you are comfortable with the spend. If you use this with a campaign end date you can set your allocated total ad spend budget.

You can then use some advanced features to help. Automated rules could be used to check if a campaign has spent a certain amount adn pause the campaign if it reaches your limit.

Tick the checkbox beside the campaign you want to pause and select "automate". You'll want to set it to "pause campaigns when" and set your requirements to "cost > $your total budget" with a frequency of daily" "1am" using data from "all time"

I hope this helps you