AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords and Merchant Center Integration

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, Google recently announced that Feeds targeting the USA will soon have to be linked to Adwords to be listed.

I have added my adwords account to my Merchant account and set up a campaign as in this video -

http://www.google.com/ads/shopping/getstarted.html#tab=tab-4

Which suggests I do not need to enter specific keywords as they will be taken from all of my product listings for the USA from that merchant account? - is it as simple as that?

I have also set up another campaign in the same way WITH keywords added as a test, however each one is saying first page bid estimate of £1 - £2??? for a click? I also get the message:

'Displaying·ads right now? NO -

We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.'

I am really confused on this Smiley Sad

Can anyone help?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Adwords and Merchant Center Integration

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello huggettm,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

First of all the video which you have linked is specifically about Product Listing Ads. So I hope you want to run a Product Listing Ad Campaign.

Which suggests I do not need to enter specific keywords as they will be taken from all of my product listings for the USA from that merchant account? - is it as simple as that?

That's correct, PLAs dont require keywords to trigger ad, rather they require the correct product from your Google Merchant Center feed to trigger an ad on search result.

Only thing in terms of keywords can be appiled are the negative keywords, which you can include at ad group or campaign level so as to prevent PLAs to be displayed on irrelevant queries.

Read this reference for more details.

Another option availabe are the Product Extensions, which are displayed underneath your regular text ad depending upon the the search query and how relevant it is to the product you have inside Merchant Center feed.

To my understanding, Ad Preview and Diagnosis is meant for regular standard text ads which runs on Google search.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello huggettm,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

First of all the video which you have linked is specifically about Product Listing Ads. So I hope you want to run a Product Listing Ad Campaign.

That's correct, PLAs dont require keywords to trigger ad, rather they require the correct product from your Google Merchant Center feed to trigger an ad on search result.

Only thing in terms of keywords can be appiled are the negative keywords, which you can include at ad group or campaign level so as to prevent PLAs to be displayed on irrelevant queries.

Read this reference for more details.

Another option availabe are the Product Extensions, which are displayed underneath your regular text ad depending upon the the search query and how relevant it is to the product you have inside Merchant Center feed.

To my understanding, Ad Preview and Diagnosis is meant for regular standard text ads which runs on Google search.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

to confirm...

You have one campaign setup as a  Product Listing Ads (PLA) campaign?

You get no diagnostic info from this campaign?

Did you set bids for the PLA campaign?

You have a second campaign setup as a 'regular' campaign with adgroup, ad text, keywords, etc. (traditional adwords ads)?

This campaign is suggesting that you increase your Max CPC's?

Did you try increasing your bids for the traditional campaign?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I *think* i have it sorted now as I have some clicks gone through - is there a way to see what links have actually been clicked not just the number of total clicks?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

anyone?

huggettm wrote:
I *think* i have it sorted now as I have some clicks gone through - is there a way to see what links have actually been clicked not just the number of total clicks?