AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords and Analytics remarketing list issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to remarket to my all visitors 90 days list either by using adwords or analytics list.But While creating that list, I came across the fact that if we create a 90 days all visitors list today in adwords, It will get hold of last 30 days data and starts collecting data for my list from that day I created that list and analytics takes hold of last 10 days data and starts collecting data for my list from that day I created that list.

Is there a way I can directly get hold of my last 90 days all visitors list and remarket them immediately instead of creating it from scratch and remarket later?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Palaniappan, 

I see that Analytics can immediately populate your Analytics remarketing list with the past 10 days of data (if available) but i don't see any documentation for AdWords pre-populating your list with 30 days of past data. Can you show me where this is written? 

Lastly, no - you cannot take the past 90 days of data when creating a list. It will need to populate overtime. 

Best, 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Josh,

When you create a new remarketing list in the AdWords Audience section, there is a check box that states "Include past users who match these rules".  If you hover over the "?" box next to that statement it says:

What to do: Leave the checkbox selected if you'd like your list to contain past site visitors or app users who match your list definition (works on the Display Network only).

Keep in mind: If you select the checkbox, your list will be pre-populated with site visitors or app users from up to the last 30 days. This will depend on your list's membership duration and the date when you added the remarketing tag.

Regards,

Kyle

Re: Adwords and Analytics remarketing list issue

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Thanks! @Kyle Reeves 

This is great food for thought and will definitely include this in my knowledge base. 

Regarding Palaniappan's question - tell me if I'm wrong but just like he confirmed. 30 past days for AdWords and 10 past days for Google Analytics in regards to remarketing. If he wants 90 days he'll just have to wait till the rest of the list populates. 

Joshua, Rising Star

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Joshua - Yes, assuming you have had the code(s) on the site for the required number of days, Analytics will populate your list with up to the previous 10 days visitors whereas AdWords will go back as far a 30 days.  In order to get the list to 90 days worth of previous traffic, you will have to wait an additional 60 days for the list to populate.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good to know! I love learning about this kind of hidden tidbits of AdWords knowledge. And @Palaniappan R - Kyle expertly answered your question. 

Joshua, Rising Star