AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords advert appeared with 0370 phone number attached ????

R H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
R H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been running the same ad for a long time now.  works well,  but oddly a 0370 telephone has appeared on this.  I cannot find anyway of removing it, don't know where it came from and it connects to my normal landline.  

How do I remove this unwanted item??

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords advert appeared with 0370 phone number attached ????

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello

That is a click to call extension. By default when you setup click to call Google will use a Forwarding number instead your actual number. You can change this is extension tab but you won't be able to gather stats besides how many mobile user click on your number.

Re: Adwords advert appeared with 0370 phone number attached ????

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

For a phone number to appear with or in your ad, off the top of my head I believe there are two places you should check.  First is in your ad copy.  Second would be in your ad extensions (Call Extensions).

Have you reviewed these items at all before?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’