AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords ad not showing - Diagnosis Tools Say it Is

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an adwords campaign that is not showing even though the "ad preview and diagnosis" tool says it is.  I have 0 views and I know the keyword is being searched because we are getting some organic leads from Google.

The ad says eligible and the keywords are also eligible.  Like I said, when I run the diagnosis it says the ad is showing, but if I do a Google search, it isn't.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords ad not showing - Diagonois Tools Say it Is

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

The fact that the ads aren't accumulating impressions doesn't mean they aren't active. The ads could be eligible to participate in the ad auctions but just not winning any placements.

I would recommend checking your bid levels, to make sure you're bidding high enough to be competitive. I'd also recommend checking your keyword list to make sure you aren't, for instance, offering bids only/mostly on keywords that have little or no search traffic available.

(It's always dangerous to assume that what works in organic searches is the same as what works in paid search. People can search for anything they want for organic results but it's not possible for Google to include all words or combinations of words in the advertising database. You may want to experiment with different match types on some of your existing keywords or possibly with trying some different keywords.)

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords ad not showing - Diagonois Tools Say it Is

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

The fact that the ads aren't accumulating impressions doesn't mean they aren't active. The ads could be eligible to participate in the ad auctions but just not winning any placements.

I would recommend checking your bid levels, to make sure you're bidding high enough to be competitive. I'd also recommend checking your keyword list to make sure you aren't, for instance, offering bids only/mostly on keywords that have little or no search traffic available.

(It's always dangerous to assume that what works in organic searches is the same as what works in paid search. People can search for anything they want for organic results but it's not possible for Google to include all words or combinations of words in the advertising database. You may want to experiment with different match types on some of your existing keywords or possibly with trying some different keywords.)

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*