AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords abuse?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a product that many people sell and advertise on Google. A couple of companies and one in particular are using adwords to place ads for my product when they actually do not sell my product. They have many competing products that they are trying to get people to buy by drawing them in with ads for my product. What can I do? Can I report this to Google? It used to be called keyword spamming years ago... what is it now?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords abuse?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sim1931,

Can you comfirm if i am right,

You have a product called "abc" which is owened by you but competitors are bidding on the product keywords and selling another product which is similar.

Is that product is trademarked?

If yes, You can send a mail the the Google team for trademark infridement.

Here is the Thread which will tell more about the Trademark

Raghu

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Sim1931; Welcome to our community;

I assume that by saying "they have many competing products" you mean that these are NOT counterfeits.

In the USA, Google investigates the usage of a "trade-name only in the ad text",

AdWords policy in the USA (and many other countries ) allows to use your product name as a keyword, to trigger your competitor's ad.

This is a competitive market...Smiley Happy

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, their ad reads that they have a sale on my product, even though they don't actually carry it. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Sim1931;

Is your product a brand-name / trade-name?

• As for using a product / business name in ad text: Google will investigate only a violation of a trade-name or a counterfeit product
  • However ; If the claims in ad text are false - it is a violation of the policy. Read this section of the policy;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My product is a brand name and based on what you mentioned in the policy, it is a violation since they do not carry my product.

Now how to report it to get it taken care of?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Sim,

Please fill Trademark Voilation form.

- Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So anyone can spam my keywords, act like they sell my product when they do not and that is my problem?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Tom