AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Social Extension not approved yet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I've tried adding a social extension(Google+) to my Adwords ads.Eventhough I followed all the steps mentioned, I'm not able to get this working and is seeing the status as 'Requires Google+ Page link'.

I did the follwong steps:

- I added rel="publisher" from the home page of my website to my Google plus page

- A reciprocal link back from my Google+ page to the main page of the website

- Add the Google+ badge to my site homepage(which is also the landing page)

- Checked the markup whether Google can extract page information from content, which also show verified-link for the same is  http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=www.acodez.in&view=

Please help me sort this out.Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Social Extension not approved yet

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I had the same problem and was notified by AdWords reps that there is a bug in their system. I called 1-866-2Google and had them escalate the issue. After 3 business days, my social Ext are now approved. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 8
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Right, if you have an MCC, then enter the MCC ID number. 

Zee

Zee
G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I had the same problem and was notified by AdWords reps that there is a bug in their system. I called 1-866-2Google and had them escalate the issue. After 3 business days, my social Ext are now approved. Good luck!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rithesh,

First of all make sure that you have followed all the webmaster guidelines in order to link your Google+ page with your website and have included the proper code in the head tag and the script which will trigger your Google+ page located on your website.

Once you are 100% sure that both (i.e. website and Google+page) are properly linked, wait for couple of days and see if the Social Extensions is accruing any data or not.

In case it is not, then best would be to contact the support team so that they can dig into it and make sure your social extensions are working. You can contact them either via contact form or call them.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Thanks for your post. But the bigger concern now is that I'm not able to connect to Google support(India).When I'm entering my 10 digit customer ID,I get the message the customer IDyou entered is not correct!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj,

I'm not able to connect to Google adwords tele support (mentioning my client ID member as not valid!) Do you know any way to contact Google support in India?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rithesh

Your AdWords account ID is the 10 digit number in the upper right hand corner (Customer ID: xxx-xxx-xxxx). You can see a screenhot by clicking this link. Can you login and make sure you get the correct number? The support won't be able to access your account unless you tell them the numbers over the phone or in an email. 

Thanks,

Zee

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

I already tried the same, but my ID number is not being recognized.Infact I entered MCC ID number as that was auto-suggested to me.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 8
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Right, if you have an MCC, then enter the MCC ID number. 

Zee

Zee
G+

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Where does an advertisier who does not know all the code stuff start? The great thing about AdWords is that you don't have to be a programmer to advertise online. Is there a Wiki article on setting up social extensions, a google video, anything that will let me see what the help articles are talking about? Having a visual "put this here, put that there" would be extremely helpful, for those of us ignorant to computer programming. Smiley Happy

Tom