AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Scripts vs Adwords API - what's the difference?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I learned that with Adwords Scripts (javascripts), you can do things like pause AND activate keywords based on inventory stored on a url or feed somewhere on your site.  You can use a "fetch app" to retrieve data that you host somewhere on an HTTP or HTTPS url and it can be password protected.  If this is true, I don't need to use the very cumbersome and complicated Adwords API which requires a lot of time and effort to actually get access to.  Furthermore, the actual application tools need to be built by a developer as the API just allows token access to Adwords.  

Does the Adwords Scripts work independently of the API?  I sure hope so.  I just need to pause and activate keywords based off inventory data and, if possible, I would like to dynamically insert pricing and inventory into ad copy in a similar fashion.  

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.  

Re: Adwords Scripts vs Adwords API - what's the difference?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, AdWords Scripts is embedded right within the AdWords UI and is totally different from the API. Check out the developer site https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/ for more. You should totally be able to solve the situation you describe using AdWords Scripts.