AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Scripts Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys

I am currently upping my location, schedule, and mobile bids manually each week based on performance the past 30 days.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a script or automated rule that could look at CPA and either decrease or increase bids by 1% if the CPA is below or above a certain threshold?  

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Scripts Question

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Kyle,

Updating bid adjustments for location and schedule with scripts could become complex. I'm sure there's a way to do it and it would be worth checking out this guy's site: http://www.freeadwordsscripts.com/

If you are only setting bid adjustments of a couple percentage points AND you are tracking conversions in AdWords then I would recommend enabling the "Enhanced CPC" campaign setting. Enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC) is a bidding feature that raises your bid by up to 30% for clicks that seem more likely to lead to a sale or conversion on your website. ECPC factors in real-time details such as device, browser, location, and time of day to adjust your bids during each ad auction. This feature encompasses all the adjustments referenced in your post. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?ctx=tltp

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jim i will definitely look at the site and look into ECPC.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

HI @Kyle S I use a script that adjusts device and location bidding for a couple of clients, but as @JimVaillancourt said, it's difficult to get the "settings" right and if you've got a decent number of conversions, you're probably better off using one of AdWords' own Bidding Strategies, in your case perhaps Target CPA.

Personally, I wouldn't adjust scheduling with any automation; AdWords rarely works on a "1-click, 1 immediate sale" principle and adjustments for schedule have to be considered very carefully, taking into account "assists" and the path to conversion over time.  It is possible to see very clear trends for performance by schedule, but you need a lot of data, probably over a long period, and if that's the basis for your decision, there's no need to change the schedule frequently, so there's no need for scripting/automation.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits