AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Scripts Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me if this is possible using a script?

I know that you can pull Analytics metrics (bounce rate, time on site, pages per visit) for keywords using Adwords scripts (as described here).

My question is, can you pull the same information for the search queries listed in the Adwords search query report?

I know you can pull metrics such as conversions and cost-per-conversion for search queries (as described here). Is there anyway to pull the Analytics metrics using a script. I know they're not available in the Adwords interface.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamie T
February 2016

Re: Adwords Scripts Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Jamie.

Analytics metrics are not available in the Search Queries report in AdWords. But you can easily fetch them by querying the Google Analytics API.

Have a look here for what you can and cannot do: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamie T
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Jamie.

Analytics metrics are not available in the Search Queries report in AdWords. But you can easily fetch them by querying the Google Analytics API.

Have a look here for what you can and cannot do: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Calin,

Thank you very much! I'll take a look.

Best,

Jamie

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I think you don't even need to use Analytics API. You can just create a custom report in Google Analytics and get these data.
Here is a sample template:
https://www.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=49tvc6zDRxKbVtkbrLUxXg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Tomasz,

How would that data be integrated into the script then?

Thanks,

Jamie

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry, you can't do this.
I thought you only need to get this data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi I m unable to find my business on Google.. I had received the codes and same verified. Please help.... business name "student call center india" web site" www.studentcallcenter.in"

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Note to @Ravi B

A favor to ask, please.

It would always be best for you to start a new thread, rather than to add your question to an existing thread - particularly when it is discussing a different subject.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you for your understanding.