AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Script

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a keyword quality score script working. I've taken this one: https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/keyword-performance#source-code. And the error which comes up is: 

TypeError: Cannot call method "setValue" of null. (line 77)

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JimVaillancourt (Rising Star)
April

Re: Adwords Script

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Francesca,

Unless you've modified the code block from your link it appears that the issue is related to this line of code:  

spreadsheet.getRangeByName('date_label').setValue('Date');

Based on the error response it seems that the script is unable to change the value of the named range (cell B2). This could be because it's trying to make a change on the protected template. Ensure that you are using a copy of the provided spreadsheet template. Do this by selecting "File -> Make a copy" in the spreadsheet menu and use the new URL for the var SPREADSHEET_URL

Other Ideas:

• Ensure that the syntax of the reference to your spreadsheet is as follows and does not include brackets:
    var SPREADSHEET_URL = "https://docs.google.com/...";
  • Ensure that the script is scheduled to run weekly on Mondays
  • If you are using this script for a manager account (MCC) and not a single account then you need to use this script instead
  • Try deleting line 77 of the code. I'm not an expert but it doesn't seem necessary.

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Adwords Script

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much Jim - fixed and working!