AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords ReMarketing to non-bouncing visitors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm struggling to create a remarketing list of visitors who didnt bounce. Its easy to do with analytics for visitors from the display network only but I want a remarketing list of non-bouncing visitors from search AND display.

It seems impossible or am I missing something?

Thx for any pointers

Luke!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords ReMarketing to non-bouncing visitors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Luke. Unfortunately you cannot use Analytics remarketing lists for search remarketing.

And since you can only use AdWords lists and combinations you'll have to find a way to tell AdWords what a non-bounce means. That could be achieved either by firing a pseudo-conversion for every non-bounce or loading an extra page (nobounce.html for instance) in an iframe, somehow, on the second page viewed by a visitor.

I've never tried it, don't know if it works or not, it's merely an idea, so you'll have to test it yourself.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Luke. Unfortunately you cannot use Analytics remarketing lists for search remarketing.

And since you can only use AdWords lists and combinations you'll have to find a way to tell AdWords what a non-bounce means. That could be achieved either by firing a pseudo-conversion for every non-bounce or loading an extra page (nobounce.html for instance) in an iframe, somehow, on the second page viewed by a visitor.

I've never tried it, don't know if it works or not, it's merely an idea, so you'll have to test it yourself.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Calin, I assumed it must be possible but thx for the confirmation and plausible workarounds though!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello
I am here to updrade my adwords profile
thanks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Luke,

Here's a thought for you. First, create dedicated landing pages for your campaign. Make sure to block these pages with robots.txt so no search engines will list those pages. Create one remarketing list for the landing pages. You probably won't need a unique code for each page, just use the same code on each of the landing pages. Call this list "landing page".

Now, create a second remarketing list and call it "more pages". Get the code and place it on all pages the user can visit after hitting your landing pages.

When you create the remarketing campaign, include visitors who are on both lists. That will give you the non-bounce visits. This will only work for a display re-marketing list. Search remarketing seems to be a completely different beast.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Here's another thing that just crossed my mind: a goal in Analytics which fires for every visitor that has seen more than one page/screen during that visit (did not bounce) that is imported into AdWords. I wonder if one could remarket to people who hit that goal. I've just created it and in a few days (IIRC) I'll be able to import it into AdWords and then see if I can use it when creating remarketing lists.

LE: it seems that targeting visitors that "didn't convert" is not (no longer, IIRC) possible in AdWords and all conditions are placed at URL level. So this approach won't work with AdWords remarketing list and may only work with Analytics remarketing, for Display Network only.