AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Preview Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting very different results signed into and signed out of adwords preview tool enough to want to change my ad positions. 

Can someone advise what is the correct way of seeing the most accurate results, signed in or out  ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Preview Tool

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,David
Well It happens but not with a big difference,if it is happening with a big difference then check the location set and domain (.com or .co.uk) are they same on both cases.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hitesh

Yeah it maybe a place or two, but yes everything else is identical, but a place or 2 could be the difference between traffic and no traffic as we all know ?

Thanks
David

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Dont worry,if it is just ad position difference of 1 or 2 then there is no problem as ad is eligible for auction at every search and on every auction,things can change that is why Google gives "average position" .it is normal until it gives a big difference and even if its a big diff then check your bidding or CTR.
Thnks Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hitesh

Great thanks, so which is giving me the most accurate information signed in or signed out to the preview tool ? I don't agree with you about position difference of 1 or 2 is no problem as it can be quite large traffic numbers involved ?

Thanks

David

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Trust me it doesn't matter signed in or out.it will show the results for auction going on at that particular time dear.
Thnx Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hitesh

You are wrong, I have 2 screens one signed in one signed out, identical time, identical searches and different results?

I need to know which is the most accurate one ? Is anyone at Google who can answer this for me please ?

Thanks

David

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi David L Smiley Happy. Welcome to the community.
Take a look at this thread- https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Why-Does-the-Ad-Preview-Tool-Show-Something-Total...
Maybe it will give some lights to your issue.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
David,
I may be wrong,but this is what I take.
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ollie

That is using the tool or not using the tool ? I am using the tool however signed into it and not signed into it ?

Thanks

David