AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords MCC, client name change

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Didn't see which area I could post this. As I spend all my time in PLA. So I'll post it here.

I recently changed one of my clients name to better recognize it. Today he sent me an email that he changed it back.

Which perplexed me that the name that I can edit and see is the Clients account name. Which doesn't make much sense to me.

When you add existing clients to MCC it will show you an empty field where you can add a name. So I always add the name that I can identify by. Having allot of clients each of them will have all sorts of company or personal names.

So I guess my question is, how is this even possible and why can't I change it just for my own MCC account, without effecting there account?

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emmanuel F
September 2015

Re: Adwords MCC, client name change

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Yes, that could be the only possibility since client name is for manager's reference, which is not even visible in the child account interface.
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I believe client name in the MCC interface is for client manager's reference and clients wouldn't be able to change it. Are you able to see the change made by your client?

Sumanth Sridhar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It doesn't matter what your client name is. You change account name according to your convenient when create account or pull existing account into your MCC.

Just mouse over on account name and click on pencil Icon. Account name is editable.

Hope It will be Helpful.

Thanks,
Virendra Kumar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I think maybe my client is using MCC, as I remember he said he is an agency when he hired me. So I guess other Parent or child MCC can change this.

I think i'm starting to puzzle together what is going on Smiley Happy

@Virendra Kumar, yes I did that, than the next day he changed it. I'm guessing he is also an MCC?

This is the first time I have added another MCC I think. I have always added the client directly before.
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emmanuel F
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Yes, that could be the only possibility since client name is for manager's reference, which is not even visible in the child account interface.
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks for the reply @Sumanth Sridhar

That clears things up. Smiley Happy