AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Extensions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All-

Few questions!

Does Adwords use a local call forwarding number or a toll free number when using the call extension with Google tracking/forwarding enabled?

I have an internal Call Tracking system that tracks and records all calls for our clients but recently I started using the Google conversion tracking (with Google Forwarding number) and have noticed a large number of clicks but no calls have taken place.  In the past I have not used the Google conversions and the Clicks vs no calls was very low if not at all.  I am not sure what would have to be associated with this besides maybe a TF number?

Second- Can you use the Call Extensions and the Callout extension in 1 ad or does it show one or the other?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think it limits you to using either call extensions or callout extensions in 1 ad, Google appears to be pretty flexible in the displaying of these extensions (for example, telling you that between 1 and 4 might show up in an ad). I am not certain with regards to your call tracking question, I briefly tried to do a call tracking campaign with an adwords express ad and didn't get any calls with it so we cancelled the campaign.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am going to give the callouts a try and see if they do show both. Our data is closely monitored and tracking on virtually everything that happens on our sites and phone numbers.

I just checked 7 of my accounts in my MCC account and today alone there has been around 20 "clicks" but all click to calls and resulted in 5 total calls.

All 7 accounts have been recently added using forwarding numbers. All data from the past is not even close to a 1:4 ratio. It is very close to a 1:1 ratio click resulted in a call just using our numbers. So, I would have to assume it is a TF number or a local number but not in the same area code...

I did find https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en and not sure if it shows US for TF numbers only or the option for both.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello guys;

Google does not disclose  the number of extensions which could be shown simultaneously on the same ad.

Google says:

">>AdWords shows one or more extensions with your ad when it calculates that the extension (or combination of extensions) will improve your campaign performance, and when your Ad Rank is high enough for it to appear. Adding an extension won’t guarantee that it will show with your ad, but you can keep track of when your extensions are appearing on the Ad extensions tab.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John C
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for this info!

This is helpful! Need to do a little reading to see about the mobile end. We currently do some advertising for an auto body shop. One of the biggest issues is getting calls about mechanical work and towing services. Both of which the company does not service and was wondering if adding No Mechanical or No Towing as a callout would work?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You could try including that info as a callout extension, especially if
you don't have room within the standard ad text to mention that. However as
has been mentioned you can't ensure how often the callout extensions will
get used so your results could be mixed

--

*Brett Middleton*

*Head of Marketing <edited> *

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Asking Help for Pakistan Utility as a Novice User