AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Edtior 11.4

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Nice to see an update but disappointed the Ad Preview Box is still shown as if the ad is on the Right Side and not an example of how it would look in a top position.

As you removed Right Side Ads, having previews shown in this way seems obsolete.

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amish Z
May 2016

Re: Adwords Edtior 11.4

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Amish Z it would be very difficult for the developers of the Editor to provide the same  "experience" as the online interface when the options and layouts for AdWords "live" change so frequently and are dependent upon the exact circumstances under which the Ad was triggered.  I use the preview of the Ad in Editor only as a very basic guide and I'd rather see development in other areas than an attempt to make these previews more accurate.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, in AdWords Editor 11.4, I can't find a column that just reports the number of conversions. Yes, I see that there are the three conversion stats, but to derive the actual number of conversions, I have to do the math on value per conversion and total conversion value to derive the actual conversion count. Number of conversions seems like a pretty basic stat ... am I missing something??

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

There are 21 conversions-related stats available in Editor. You are probably looking for the one named "Conversions", or perhaps "Converted clicks" (before you ask, I don't know what the difference is between the two, nor really what most of these stats mean).

Only columns that you choose in "Download statistics" dialog will later be available in the main window, once the stats are downloaded.

Conversions.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great - thank you. The new "select the stat you want" feature in Editor was throwing me!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
So it seems when I upgraded my Editor, It removed all my Saved Search Filters I use.. I need to re-save them all! After remembering what all of them where.. bit of an #epicfail there, can this be addressed as upgrades have never done this in the past.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Unable to reproduce this upgrading from 11.3.3.0 to 11.4.2.0 on both mac and windows.

The upgrade process is pretty straight forward. On initial launch of a new version it checks for a previous version. If it finds one, it transfers relevant data, including saved searches, from the old version to the new.

Database files are stored in the following windows and mac directories:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor\<database version number>
or
/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Google-AdWords-Editor/<database version number>

The database versions for 11.3.3.0 and 11.4.2.0 are 216 and 222 respectively, so you should have a folder for each of those versions.

Is it possible what you're noticing is the absence of the search chip in the advanced search bar?

You won't see this in the upgraded version, but you can always open the dialog and reselect from Saved searches

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
When I click the dropdown "Saved Searches", it is empty, i did not used to be empty.

No problems, I re-created the saved searches now, just 15-20min of my time taken.

The post was simply because it seems odd to over-write/delete them from the previous version,.