AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor problems even after Enabling Access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Adwords Editor is still not allowing me to open my account even after Enabling Access for less secure apps, I even got the email telling me that this feature was turned on. I still get the error message in Adwords tellling me to turn on the feature. I have restarted Adwords several times in hopes that it would solve the issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this isn't working?  I am using Adwords editor v.10.6

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor problems even after Enabling Access

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Danielle, 

Thanks for the feedback - can you please post your issue on this thread?

Thanks, 

Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, when I click on the link I get the message invalid parameters specified.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Fixed. Try now please.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danielle V
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Do you have 2-step verification enabled on your account, by any chance? If you do, then you need to create an app password for Editor 10.6 and below - see

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

We have just released Editor 11.0 - it should work correctly with any Google security settings, including 2-step verification. It doesn't require app passwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same problem. I enabled access for less secure apps and am still getting the error message. I don't have 2-step verification. HELP!!!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Are you using Editor 10.6? If at all possible, install Editor 11.1.2 (the latest at the time of writing). It works with all Google account security features.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri R <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security. The information removed was most likely included in your reply as part of a Mobile footer.