AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor not starting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This is a big issue for me. In the last 2 weeks while I was working in Adwords Editor and clicked for an action, it sometimes closed for no reason. The app just closed and when I started it up again it was back in the same window, with no changes lost.

Since this morning, my Adwords Editor doesn't start up at all. I only get the splash screen and the nothing. Nothing in task manager as well.

I tried restarting my computer and I tried reinstalling Adwords Editor. No luck.

I'm running Windows 8 on 64 bit.

Please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor not starting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Alex,

Have you tried to initate Adwords Editor with "admin permission"? You can achieve right-clicking the shortcut, or if it's not there, right-click while holding shift on your keyboard.

You can try and enter windows on security mode and see if Editor works. If it does work on Security Mode, something is creating conflict on your normal windows.

Can you make the tests?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried the first idea, and now I also tried while in Safe Mode. Absolutely no change.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another thing is that I haven't installed anything new these past few days. No new program that might interfere.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Alex..the only other thing I can think off it to add Editor on the White List of your anti-virus. Other than that...I'm really out of ideas

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's a mystery...

I only use Windows Defender.

I guess I'm gonna have to reinstall Windows.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.