AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor change installation path

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

adwords editor is installed on drive C by default but in our case the drive is protected by deepfreeze and not to mention our drive c only has 100gb of ssd so we are running out of space .. We would like to know if theres a way to change the installation path rather than the default drive?

thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Editor installs into the user profile - normally

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor

and also writes account databases there. I'm not sure if it's possible to move the whole user profile to another drive.

One thing to try would be to create a junction point ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point ) from that directory to the directory where you want Editor to be. I believe junction points can link between physical drives.

We have not tested such a configuration, I'm not sure it will work, but I think it looks promising.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

nope junction point doesnt work with system that is protected by deepfreeze and since the C drive is protected by deepfreeze what i did to make it work is first move the appdata>local to new location by right clicking > properties > location > move then install adwords editor and voila Smiley Happy