AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor change installation path

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

adwords editor is installed on drive C by default but in our case the drive is protected by deepfreeze and not to mention our drive c only has 100gb of ssd so we are running out of space .. We would like to know if theres a way to change the installation path rather than the default drive?

thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Editor installs into the user profile - normally

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google-AdWords-Editor

and also writes account databases there. I'm not sure if it's possible to move the whole user profile to another drive.

One thing to try would be to create a junction point ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point ) from that directory to the directory where you want Editor to be. I believe junction points can link between physical drives.

We have not tested such a configuration, I'm not sure it will work, but I think it looks promising.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

nope junction point doesnt work with system that is protected by deepfreeze and since the C drive is protected by deepfreeze what i did to make it work is first move the appdata>local to new location by right clicking > properties > location > move then install adwords editor and voila Smiley Happy