AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor Posting Error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im having an issue posting a selected campaign in Adwords Editor. The new campaign has a green tick saying it seems to meet requirements for posting, then when I click post selected campaign it gives me the following error: Internal Google Error. Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor Posting Error

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

A couple of things come to mind.

Are you trying to make a lot of changes?

Do you have any firewall set up that could be causing issues?

It's worth checking you still have access rights to post just in case someone has changed it to read only without letting you know.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I basically have one big campaign with 120 adgroups. I copied it and pasted it (renamed it) as I want the same campaign but with a new location. Dont want to simply add the location to my current campaign. 

Would I have to create the new campaign in Adwords first, then add adgroups bit by bit?

Firewall is off and I do still have access.

Thanks for your help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Morgan-Jon,

No guarantees but I wonder if you have the most up to date version of AE.  There was a new release "Current version: 9.8.1" just this past week.

Might be worth taking a look at.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I did was went into AdWords itself, created a new campaign, then in adwords editor I was able to copy and paste all the adgroups to the new campaign and was then able to post it. 

For some reason it wont allow you to copy, paste and post an entire campaign.

Came right, thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Morgan-Jon,

I am not sure why you were unable to copy and paste the whole campaign in Adwords Editor without going into the Adwords interface. I am assuming that as per Google's announcement, you have migrated to v 9.7.1 before June 12. If you did that and still faced this problem, you can report this to Google.

But, just to make sure as per Google, kindly read this article which explains what all features are supported when you are working in editor.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Morgan-Jon
September 2015

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Does your new campaign target all languages? There'e currently an issue under investigation where creating a campaign that targets all languages returns an error. The error is specific to Editor version 9.8.1. The work-around is to create the campaign targeting at least one language, post it, then edit the campaign to remove language targeting and post again. The second post should succeed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks I will have a look at it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes ApeMan I think you correct. I am using 9.8.1 and was targeting all languages.

Thanks for the help!

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Thank you ApeMan for helping our Community users.