AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor - Fatal Error - Cannot Post Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having nothing but problems with the new adwords editors. Now I am unable to post changes. I just spent 4 hours rebuilding an account and now I'm unable to upload it to adwords.

Fatal Error.

[OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_REMOVED_ENTITY @operations[0],
OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_REMOVED_ENTITY @operations[1],
OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_REMOVED_ENTITY @operations[2],
OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_REMOVED_ENTITY @operations[3]]

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor - Fatal Error - Cannot Post Campaigns

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. I've contact Google about it and they told me to install the editor again but without result. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That makes no sense because it is a fresh campaign, it has never been uploaded. Anyways, I tried a few more times and decided to uninstall and reinstall. I lost everything and I see many other people have the same issue. Kinda sucks because never had a single issue with the old adwords editor and now many people seem to be having issues with the new editor.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I think the problem is when you try to upload removed campaign.
When you change their status to pause it should go.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
It appears from the server logs that you are trying to delete or modify ad groups that are already deleted on the server. You cannot do that.

Perhaps Editor's view of the account is out of sync, and Editor shows these ad groups to you as enabled. Get Recent Changes should help with that.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This is a new account, it hasn't even been uploaded to the adwords account. Doesn't matter, I lost everything and had to start over from scratch.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know what is create this bug, maybe it because I try to publish an empty campaign.

Try this:
I try to copy my campaign remove the old one and changing the name of the new one and post the change only for this specific campaign (not all campaign) and it work.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

[FINALLY AN EASY 3-STEP SOLUTION THAT ACTUALLY WORKS]

After getting this fatal error I turned to Google to find a solution (obviously)  and like most of you are also finding out, the forums showed either: 1) ranting with no answers or 2) An advanced explanation with technical jargon on why the error occurs that I don't care to understand because I just want to make changes to my adwords account and move on thank you! Then I called in to Google Adwords and to no surprise (as one of the previous solution seekers mentioned) they didn't know how to solve it either (but were very kind in their attempt to help). And lastly, I read about a solution that required you to make a duplicate of the campaign in which you made changes to and then delete the original one. But if you're like me, I don't want to delete the original campaign because of all the built up quality scores and statistics I've accumulated. So at last, I've figured out a solution that will help the next person avoid the time and disappointing results while searching for a solution. (that I unfortunately went through).

So for all you in same boat that don't care about technical jargon or some advanced theory on why this problem occurs, here is the short, simple, plain english version of the problem: The fatal error you're seeing is being caused by Adwords Editor trying to post changes that don't actually exist. So when Editor trys to look for these "non-existent" changes, it fails and as a result the error shows up. (I don't even know that's 100% correct - and I don't really care - but as a result of my solution working it seems to only make sense)

SOLUTION:
1) Export the campaign(s) in which you made changes
2) Now remove your account from AdWords editor
- when you do so it will prompt you that you're going to lose all changes - which is ok since you've exported (backed up) the changes you made/want to keep. So in reality the only thing being removed is the "non-existent" changes that are causing the error Smiley Happy
3) Once thats done, simply re-add the account and import the file you exported that includes all the changes you made. Voila, you can now post the changes and be on your way!

Enjoy,
Ramsey 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for you easy and quick fix to this problem. I've been struggling to find an answer to this error I've been seeing for weeks, and this finally fixed it!