AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor - Bulk Add Ads From Different Ad Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there!

We were having some issues in the Adwords Editor adding all of our ads to our ad groups at once.

We had the Campaign highlighted, and we selected "Make Multiple Changes". We thought that this speadsheet format would place each ad in the correct ad group, but instead every ad group had every ad.

Here are the columns we had:

Ad Group    Headline    Desc Line 1   Desc Line 2    Display URL    Destination URL

The ad group column contained the name of the ad group we wanted to put our ad in. Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

Re: Adwords Editor - Bulk Add Ads From Different Ad Groups

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi JonathonA,

What you'll want to do is add a 'Campaign' column. Then, when you select "Make multiple changes", you'll see radio buttons in the top lefthand of the screen. One option says "My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups. Make sure this is selected. (If "Use selected destinations" is selected, it will put everything in every location that is selected).

Here's a screengrab: http://screencast.com/t/jsOtJ9c5I5

Also - just a heads up, you'll want to make sure that your destination URL is moved to the "Final URL" cell, or your ads will be rejected. Instructions on how to do that can be found here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Adwords-Editor-Rendered-Almost-Useless-Tod...

Hope this helps!

Best,
Amy

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fantastic response, this answers my question perfectly. Thank you Amy!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to help! Thanks for the kind words Smiley Happy