AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor Adding Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am running a test where every few hours i need to manually update the zip code locations I am targeting. Using the editor, is there a way to upload all of my new zip codes and have it sync to my current zip codes so i don't have to delete all the previous targets each time?

Each new batch of zip codes has some new and removes some of the previous zips. It seems pointless to lose all of the performance data each time i need to add new zips.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor Adding Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Steve
This wouldn't be something that people do in AdWords often so there is no built in AWE functionality. To be honest, AdWords Editor needs support for many other common tasks before this one!

Your best bet would be to look into AdWords scripts. These can achieve what you're looking to achieve.

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/

I've been using AdWords scripts for a year now and they're really excellent. If you know JavaScript, the learn curve is not steep at all.

Hope that helps.

Re: Adwords Editor Adding Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The scripts are a bit over my head and too time consuming to figure out for now. It does seem like the right option but for the meantime I am just going to do everything on excel instead.

Thanks!