AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor (9.9.0) action buttons at bottom of window on Add Multiple Image Ads missing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords Editor (9.9.0) has action buttons invisible in several windows.  The worst is Add/Update Multiple Image Ads.  The buttons are invisible unless you uncheck the box "My ad information below includes columns..."  I have tried using the +/- button and resizing the panes on the campaigns tab.  Nothing seems to help.  Am I missing something or is this a bug that needs to be addressed by the Adwords Editor development team?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor (9.9.0) action buttons at bottom of window on Add M

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Add Multipe dialog window itself is resizable. Just drag its border to make it bigger.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did that already - to maximum width and height.  Still cuts off at bottom.  Screen res is 1366x768.  Tried changing that - to no avail.  Seems that scroll bars would help, but there are none.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Can you show a screenshot of the dialog?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First image is with box unchecked.  Second image is after the box is checked - buttons go off screen...

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

I see. Yes, it looks like the dialog needs to be about 900 pixels tall for the buttons to show. There is no workaround at this time, I'm afraid - at least no particularly satisfactory one.

You can use Tab key to tab to the right button, and hit Enter to press it. This works even when buttons are not visible, in which case you would have to count carefully how many times you hit Tab in order to know which button is selected. If you first click on Selected Images box, then the first Tab goes to "Replace the entire contents" checkbox, the second to Back button, the third to Preview and so on.

I understand this kind of blind navigation is extremely annoying, but that's the best I could think of. We will try and improve the layout of this dialog to make it work better on smaller screens, but I can't promise any particular time frame.

You mentioned that other windows may be similarly afflicted. Do you, by any chance, remember which ones?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great minds think alike.  I had already discovered the "blind navigation" option.  I found it easier to start with the "checkbox" and then "backtab" into the Process or Preview buttons.

I do not remember which screens I experienced a similar issue. I will keep my eyes open and post my observations here going forward to document further problems.  Hopefully, the Adwords Editor developers can come up with a solution in the next maintenance release.

In the interim, I guess I need to upsize my screenSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

a year on and this is still an issue with the latest release 10.0.1!! WOW! I expected more from Google. I don't see how this problem is not reported by more users, this is litterally the only piece of software that doesn't work correctly on my laptop and I have a 1366x768 resolution! mental.

I hope you can find a resolution soon...