AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 9.8.1: The bottom of my screen is cut off

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It is a nightmare to use  Editor 9.8.1.
Screen is cut at the bottom, with the other version, there was the same problem but now it is all the time!
I cannot use the comment function anymore.
In some accounts with many campaigns I cannot see campaigns at the bottom.
My screen resolution is 1366x768.
Am I the only one struggling with that?

Thomas

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pilgrim411
September 2015

Re: Adwords Editor 9.8.1: The bottom of my screen is cut off

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

This is usually caused by editing pane on Campaigns tab being very tall. There is a splitter (a thin horizontal bar with three dots) between the grid and the editing pane on Campaigns tab. Grab it with the mouse and drag it down to resize the editing pane to a reasonable height. This should solve the cut-off problem.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 12
Google Employee

All these issues are in fact caused by the tall editing pane on Campaigns tab. Resize that one, and all tabs will be back to normal.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi pilgrim411,

I dont know the solution to your problem but i can definately say that

myself with a resolution of 1920x1080 dont have such a problem with adWords Editor 9.8.1

I run windows XP and i can scroll normaly whatever the number of my Campaigns.

GeGe 

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

I sometimes run into the same problem, but usually only when an "error" or "alert" message is being displayed. I solve it by clicking the little symbol (in the upper right-hand corner of the alert area) to close my view of the alert. It shows the usual - and if you click it, it shows the + that says you can expand it to read the message if you want.

That usually resets the display so that I can see all the options.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Theresa, It is strange because I always close the view of the alert too...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pilgrim411
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

This is usually caused by editing pane on Campaigns tab being very tall. There is a splitter (a thin horizontal bar with three dots) between the grid and the editing pane on Campaigns tab. Grab it with the mouse and drag it down to resize the editing pane to a reasonable height. This should solve the cut-off problem.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Thanks Igor

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Igor! I have never noticed it before.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue at the moment. I can see a splitter with 3 dots on the left separating the tree structure and the main body of the screen but I can't see a horizontal one that separates the edit pane at the bottom and the main body. I can't see anything below the Destination URL on the screen, no advanced bid changes etc - I have to move my Windows taskbar to see them!

So I'm stuck...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Typical, Editor just crashed. When I restarted it, the sizing is back to normal again and I can see everything! No idea why it changed though. Still no horizontal splitter bar though, so if it happens again I'll try and close/re-open

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Which tab are you looking at? The horizontal splitter is only present on Campaigns tab. Other tabs don't have such a large number of settnings, and their editing panes can't grow too tall.